NEW Course: TCF IN LOS ANGELES
Applications are now being accepted for a brand-new TCF professional development course in Winter Interim session 2012-2013.
DOWNLOAD COURSE APPLICATION HERE
+ + +
Here is the email that went out to all TCF students:
*NEW* STUDY/TRAVEL COURSE OPPORTUNITY for students interested in film, television and & industry careers during the *NEW* Winter Interim session
TCF 444/544: TCF IN LOS ANGELES: TOUR OF THE FILM/TV MEDIA INDUSTRY
3 credit course
Enrollment is limited: 10 students spots
Online Course Meetings from 10-11:30 am (CST) on 12/14, 12/19, 12/21, 12/27, 12/28
Study/Travel in Los Angeles: January 1 – 7, 2013
Enrollment priority will be given to TCF majors, but applications from all CIS majors as well as creative UA students will be accepted. TCF 100 or MC101 is recommended, but can be waived for student passionate about a career in this field.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is intended for professional development for TCF, CIS and creative UA majors, particularly those who intend to intern or work in a creative media industry in a large city like Los Angeles. In this course students will learn about film, television and media industries specifically, tour some of the top graduate film programs in the nation, visit working Hollywood studios, meet with industry professionals, and network TCF alums who now work in Los Angeles. This study/travel course aims to help you gain insight in media careers and the current state of media industries.
• Meet with industry professionals in film, television, and media fields (guest speakers will be booked after student interests & career aspirations have been surveyed)
• Visit Hollywood Studios including Fox, Warner, Sony, Universal and Paramount
• Visit working film sets and television show tapings (as scheduling permits)
• Tour camera & production houses, post facilities and lighting & grip houses
• Tour top-ranked MFA film programs based in Los Angeles
• Network with TCF and UA alumni
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! Spots are limited!
TO APPLY: Fill out and submit your application to Dr. Rachel Raimist, 430C Reese Phifer Hall or submit via email at rraimist[at]ua[dot]edu.
Additional course information and application is attached in pdf. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Rachel Raimist at rraimist[at]ua[dot]edu.