- July 5th, 2011
- in TCF Faculty, TCF News & Notes, TCF Students
A powerful tornado struck Tuscaloosa on April 27, 2011. The campus was largely undamaged, but areas just south of campus — especially along 15th Street — were devastated.
All TCF faculty members have been accounted for and are safe. All TCF Master’s graduate students have also been contacted and are okay, but some have had their homes damaged. We do not have information on all of the TCF undergraduates, but we know some have lost their homes and possessions.
There are a number of ways you can assist with the relief effort:
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the Red Cross’ disaster-relief work (they are running a shelter in Tuscaloosa) or
- You may make a larger contribution through the Red Cross’ Website
- Those interested in volunteering should contact the Tuscaloosa Volunteer Reception Center. Call 205-248-5045.
- See Alabama Possible’s list of numerous other ways you can help.
Do you need help?
Are you a UA faculty/staff member or student who suffered a financial hardship due to the tornado? UA’s Acts of Kindness Fund may be able to help you. Information on how to apply is available here.