CFP: Communication and Diversity Forum
- December 16th, 2009
- in TCF News & Notes
College of Communication and Information Sciences
University of Alabama
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Discerning Diverse Voices: Communication & Information Symposium on Diversity:
Call for Papers, Posters and Panels Presentations
Deadline: January 20, 2009
The College of Communication and Information Sciences’ Communication and Diversity Forum invites you to submit a paper for its research symposium that addresses the communication and information needs of diverse populations. The purpose of the symposium is to encourage research about diversity and communication in all of its manifestations. Conference presentations are sought in all areas of diversity including, but not limited to, the following:
- Organizations: leadership and management, recruitment and retention, mentoring, organizational culture, motivation and conflict in the workplace and community-based organizations.
- Knowledge: the educational, recreational, informational, political, medical and cultural needs of diverse populations.
- Mediated representations: communication and rhetorical strategies, communication effects, and historical and contemporary images of diverse populations.
The University of Alabama doctoral and master’s students or faculty members may submit papers and panels. This symposium is highly interdisciplinary and hopes to attract a wide range of topics and methodologies used in researching diversity in our society.
SUBMIT PROPOSALS BY EMAIL (WORD DOCUMENT OR PDF ATTACHMENT) BY JANUARY 20, 2010 TO: Dr. Caryl Cooper, Department of Advertising and Public Relations, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487; telephone: 205-348-3593; firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 205-348-3836. Presenters will be announced by February 1, 2010.
- Submit an abstract of 250 words or less for proposal submission review (abstract should include a title, author’s name, complete address and affiliation).
- A brief (100 words or less) description of the paper for conference program purposes.
- The author must attend the symposium to present the paper.
- A completed paper should be produced and presented or summarized within 15 minutes.
The submitted panel must include:
- Confirmation that all members have agreed to attend and participate
- Name and a brief (100 words of less) description of the panel.
- Name of moderator (including affiliation and address).
- Names of participants, including affiliation, addresses and titles of each presentation.
The submitted poster must include:
1. Submit an abstract of 200 words of less that includes the title and subject of the poster.
2. Your name, affiliation and complete contact information.
Please be sure to put “poster proposal” in your subject heading.